**Please note there will not be any public access on Friday, July 3, but the library will have curbside pickup service available from 9am-5pm. The library is closed Saturday, July 4th for the holiday. **
The Lake Geneva Public Library is in Phase I of our reopening! Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff, patrons, and our community. Every decision we make is based on recommendations from the CDC, WEDC, and Walworth County guidelines and we thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we work to provide access to our resources and materials as safely as possible.
Curbside Pickup Service
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday, Friday, Saturday
9:00 am – 8:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Please call 262-249-5299 and let us know when you’ll be arriving so we can check out your items and put them on the pickup cart outside of the front door. This is our recommended way to pick up books, DVDs, CDs, and any other items you reserve.
Place holds in our online catalog, by calling us at 262-249-5299 during our curbside hours, or by emailing us.
Using the Library:
- Public access hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Public access hours: Tuesday from 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Up to 20 patrons at a time in the building. Patrons must check in at the front desk upon arrival, and if we are at capacity, library users will need to wait until others leave before entering the building. Families: please visit us with a max. of 5 immediate family members at a time.
- Masks / cloth face coverings required for entry (library has disposable masks available). For those who cannot or prefer not to wear a mask, the library will continue curbside pickup of library materials Monday – Saturday and WiFi is accessible from outside of the building.
- Library restrooms are currently reserved for patrons only due to cleaning and sanitizing requirements; public restrooms open to everyone are available on the lake side of the library building.
- There are 6 public computers available for patron use at this time.
- One-on-one computer assistance is not currently available.
- There are no toys, games, or AWE computers available in the youth area at this time.
- STEM kits are not available for checkout at this time.
- Seating has been rearranged to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- Please observe at least 6′ of distance between patrons and library staff while in the building.
- Browsing magazines and newspapers are not available. Newspapers can be accessed online through Newsbank and the New York Times online edition. Magazine issues can be checked out at taken home, and will be quarantined upon return before being re-shelved or checked out again.
- The microfilm reader will be available but users must wear gloves (provided by the library) when handling the microfilm reels. We encourage patrons to use our online digitized collection of newspapers available from within the library instead of the microfilm machine.
- Due dates are back to normal and our catalog is open for holds on materials at all consortium libraries for delivery to Lake Geneva. Our book drop is open, and when it isn’t raining a large item return bin is available as well for STEM kits and other fragile or oversized items. Please return ALL items via the outdoor book return(s) – the inside book drop is not available.
- We are not accepting book donations at this time.
Programs and Events
All in-person library programs and events, and all other events hosted in or at the library, have been canceled through the end of August. The library board will determine whether these can safely resume at a future date later this summer.