Head of Adult Services
The Lake Geneva Public Library is pleased to offer dynamic, collaborative, and community-focused librarians an opportunity to become our next Head of Adult Services.
The Lake Geneva Public Library (LGPL) sits in Library Park on Main Street in the beautiful downtown heart of Lake Geneva. Designed in 1954 by Frank Lloyd Wright protégé James Dresser, the building draws architectural enthusiasts, visitors, and residents to one of the most scenic views of Geneva Lake available.
The Head of Adult Services will oversee the adult resources and services offered by the library by planning and executing an annual series of programs and events, developing the adult materials collection, reader’s advisory, and local history areas, and public relations including social media, press releases, website, and signage. This key employee serves as a member of the library management team and helps ensure the daily delivery of high quality services.
Successful candidates will:
– Strive to preserve and develop community partnerships with schools, organizations, and local businesses and integrate these into programming
– Understand best practices and be aware of emerging trends and technologies in the field of public libraries and stay informed with ongoing continuing education
– Be creative and passionate about lifelong learning and customer service with exceptional communication, interpersonal, and team building skills
– Promote the library’s mission by fostering a productive and positive library environment
– Have strong multi-tasking, technology, and organizational skills
Work schedule will vary and include weekends and evenings in rotation with other library managers.
Benefits include health and dental insurance, life, disability, WRS, and an Employee Assistance Program. ALA-accredited ML(I)S degree is required or must be in progress. Partial tuition reimbursement may be available.
This position is a salaried exempt position, with salary commensurate with experience and education.