Smith Meeting Room
- Library sponsored and cosponsored programs and meetings will be approved as Library schedule permits.
- Library will review, approve and schedule meetings/programs proposed by organizations as Library calendar permits (around library programming).
- Conditions of use
- No group is denied use of the room because of their beliefs.
- Meetings may be held only during regular library hours.
- Meetings are limited to three hours unless otherwise approved.
- All meetings must be open to the public and no fees may be charged by the group.
- Attendance is limited to room capacity of 70 persons.
- No products or services may be sold at the program.
- Program attendance lists may not be used for subsequent commercial use.
- Use of library staff kitchen and equipment is not permitted
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Food and beverages are not allowed unless otherwise approved.
- A refundable deposit of $100 is required when no food or beverages are allowed.
- A refundable deposit of $200 is required to offset unforeseen cleaning expenses when food and beverages are allowed.
- Program presenters are to be respectful of the Smith Meeting Room and to review a checklist of areas of concern with library staff.
- No group shall misrepresent the Lake Geneva Public Library as sponsor of the event.
All advertising/publicity of program will include the following disclaimer:
“This program is not sponsored or endorsed by Lake Geneva Public Library and may not reflect the views of the Library.”
- All advertising/publicity of program will be reviewed by Lake Geneva Public Library staff prior to publication and must include contact name and phone number of person coordinating the program.
- The requested date and time will be tentatively reserved for use of the Smith Meeting Room on the Library calendar. Date and time will not be confirmed until proposed publicity is submitted and approved.
- Request forms are available at the Library’s Circulation Desk or from our website.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee is charged for usage of the Smith Meeting Room up to three hours. If the Smith Meeting Room is required for more than three hours, the non-refundable fee is $100.
- Fees should be submitted with the application and made payable prior to the date of the event to secure the reservation.
- Any organization agrees to hold harmless the Lake Geneva Public Library from any and all actions and suits relating to its use of Library facilities.