Friends of the library
The FRIENDS of the Lake Geneva Public Library is a non-profit organization established in 1977 to support the Library’s mission to meet the educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs within the community.
FRIENDS work to enhance Library services and facilities; sponsor diverse adult and youth programs, and fund activities for all ages throughout the year for the community.
FRIENDS membership is open to individuals of all ages who support the Library and its mission.
Benefits of membership include:
- Members Only Preview Night before the Annual Book Sale opens to the general public
- Vote at the Annual Meeting in April
- Quarterly FRIENDS newsletter
- Opportunity to support your community through volunteer work
FRIENDS provide services, donate time, and raise money to fund programs and collections.
- Organize the Annual Used Book Sale in August and offer periodic additional sales during the year
- Manage the ongoing book sale, specially-priced collectible book sale, LIFE magazine sale, and gift shop
- Research and index local history collection
- Clip articles for local history
- Sponsor adult and youth programs
- Fund special needs and projects
FRIENDS membership applications are available at the library, or you can click here to download the brochure and form. You may also join by sending your Name, Mailing Address, Phone, and Email Address with your selected membership category and payment to: FRIENDS membership, Lake Geneva Public Library, 918 W Main Street, Lake Geneva WI 53147.
Membership categories are: $12 Individual Annual, $20 Family Annual, $50 Business Patron Annual, and $150+ Lifetime. Additional contributions are welcome.
Dues and other donations are tax-deductible to the extend of the law. All memberships are due on the day of the annual meeting.